1. In view of the COVID-19 situation, all visitors to the FJC will be required to complete the online Visitor Registration Form and check in via the TraceTogether-only Safe Entry (TT-only SE) app and SafeEntry (SE) tokens with effect from 17 May 2021. The enhanced precautionary measures are to augment contact tracing capabilities. The QR codes for the visitor registration form and the TT-only SE as well as SafeEntry Gateway device (which could be used to scan the TT-only SE app or the SE tokens will be available at the entrance/ exit of the FJC. There will be no ID check-ins for SafeEntry after 31 May 2021.
2. All visitors are also required to undergo temperature screening at the entrance before entering the building.
3. You will be denied entry if you:
*pending results of COVID-19 tests
- Are serving a Quarantine Order;
- Are serving a Stay-Home Notice;
- Are serving a Leave of Absence;
- Have been in close contact with any individual(s) who has/have been confirmed or suspected* to have COVID-19 infection in the last 14 days; and
- Are feeling unwell with fever (with temperature more than 37.9°C) and/or flu like symptoms (e.g. cough, runny nose and shortness of breath).
4. Should you be denied entry and have a hearing scheduled in the FJC, please seek an adjournment of the hearing through a request on iFAMS or eLitigation (if you are a lawyer or if you are represented by a lawyer), or by (a) email (if you are a litigant-in-person for divorce matters) or (b) email (if you are a litigant-in-person for maintenance and PPO matters) stating the case number and the hearing date, together with the evidence that you are serving a Quarantine Order, Stay-Home Notice, Leave of Absence or a medical certificate (in accordance with the FJC Directions paragraph 162).
5. The Commissioner For Oaths (CFO) services will be closed, except for those who have fixed an appointment through the relevant Registries. Alternatively, deponents can approach private law firms providing CFO services as prescribed under Rule 8 of the Commissioner for Oaths Rules (Cap 322, Rule 3).
6. The following services will be provided remotely/offsite:
- Case specific enquiries on Divorce/Originating Summons related matters (including Certified True Documents and case search); and
- Collection of Certified True Copy ("CTC") of Court Documents, Grounds of Decisions and Notes of Evidence.
Parties may email FJC Registry at FJCOURTS_Family_Registry@FJCourts.gov.sg
for enquiries relating to case specific enquiries or the collection of CTCs for divorce matters.
7. To minimise the time spent in public areas, instead of visiting us, you are encouraged to use our website, e-services, call or write to us where possible.
8. Safe distancing measures such as spacing out queue lines and seats at waiting areas have been put in place to minimise the risk of infection.
9. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation.