Child(ren) access arrangements
With the revision to the COVID-19 (temporary measures) Act 2020 on the restrictions on the movement of people, parents are allowed to transfer temporary custody or care of a child pursuant to any agreement regarding the access rights of a parent of the child, or in discharge of a legal obligation. Please refer to the regulation here.
Advisory for court users and visitors
For Court-ordered Supervised Exchange and Supervised Visits, affected parents can contact the Ministry of Social and Family Development by email: email@example.com or phone: 6324 0024.
Under ‘Phase 1 – Safe Re-opening’ at the end of the Circuit Breaker period, please note that from 2 Jun 2020,
- Maintenance (MSS) & Family Violence (SS) cases dealt with by Family Court 1 will continue to be conducted by way of Video-Conferencing, unless otherwise notified by the Court. Litigants-in-person (LIP) with pending Family Court 1 matters and who do not have access to an electronic device capable of supporting Video-Conferencing should inform the FJC Registry at firstname.lastname@example.org. Video-Conferencing facilities will be made available at the FJC premises at 3 Havelock Square to assist such litigants. Parties who may have other concerns or difficulties with proceeding by way of a remote hearing should likewise inform the Court, which may at its discretion schedule a physical hearing instead.
- Parties are not required to attend Family Court 1 for all Counselling (CGO) Reviews for Personal Protection Order (PPO) cases, until further notice. The Court will send letters to parties informing them of the outcome of the Counselling Reviews in due course.
- The Family Protection Centre and Maintenance Registry will be open only from 9.00 am to 1.00pm (last Q-ticket is issued at 12.00pm) for applications for Personal Protection Orders (PPO) and Maintenance related applications, Monday to Friday except Public Holidays.
- Mental Capacity, Adoption and Probate counters are open from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, except between 12.30 pm and 2.00 pm and on Public Holidays.
- Intakes of Beyond Parental Control (BPC) cases will still be limited and generally only cases that the Court deems exceptional will be allowed to proceed further. In this regard, please also note that we will only be able to take in a limited number of cases, on a first come first serve basis, strictly between 2.00pm and 4.00pm only, on Tuesdays. Parents/guardians are advised to seek community assistance and/or make a police report if child is missing. We thank you for your understanding and regret any inconvenience caused.
- The Commissioner For Oaths (CFO) services will be closed, except for those who have fixed an appointment through the relevant Registries. Alternatively, deponents can approach private law firms providing CFO services as prescribed under Rule 8 of the Commissioner for Oaths Rules (Cap 322, Rule 3).
- The following services will be provided remotely/offsite:
- Case specific enquiries on Divorce/Originating Summons related matters (including Certified True Copy (“CTC”) of Court Documents and case search); and
- Collection of CTC Documents, Grounds of Decisions and Notes of Evidence.
Parties may email FJC Registry at FJCOURTS_Family_Registry@FJCourts.gov.sg for enquiries relating to case specific enquiries or the collection of CTCs for divorce matters.
Chief Justice's Message
Supreme Court, State Courts and Family Justice Courts to hear only essential and urgent matters
Frequently Asked Questions on Family Justice Courts' Matters post "Circuit Breaker" with effect from 2 June 2020.
Use of Video Conferencing and Telephone Conferencing